This is a salaried exempt managerial position that has discretion to make clinical decisions and has access to confidential employee and business information. The purpose of this position is to work both independently and in collaboration with the Nurse Managers and multidisciplinary teams to render safe, appropriate and goal-directed care. The Pediatrician will admit, evaluate, diagnose, and manage medically complex and fragile residents and ensure the implementation of and adherence to Medical Staff and relevant clinical and administrative policies and procedures.
Position Functions and Responsibilities:
Promote Elizabeth Seton Children’s Center Mission and Core Values of Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, Evolution Growth and Change, Respect and Embrace Diversity, and Loving Relationships.
- As the Attending Physician of record, perform and document admission history, physical examination and orders for new residents.
- Supervise and perform periodic and episodic evaluation, treatment, and orders for residents, including laboratory and radiographic testing, and referral for subspecialty consultation or emergent care as indicated.
- Review and coordinate the care provided by subspecialty consultants and tertiary centers.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Nurse Practitioners to ensure consistent and uninterrupted clinical coverage as per the plan of care for all residents.
- Collaborate with all other clinical disciplines to provide holistic care of children.
- Provide telephone coverage and in-person weekend and holiday coverage as per monthly schedule or clinical need.
- Communicate and consult with parents/guardians on regular basis.
- Provide clinical leadership during family and team meetings, including quarterly Plan of Care.
- Provide compassionate palliative care to residents and families.
- Participate in Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement activities.
- Attend and/or lead clinically relevant committees as designated by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Supervise Palliative Care Fellows and rotating medical students and residents.
- Other related duties as may become necessary or as directed by supervisor, department director, and/or administrator.